DHA HOUSING SOLUTIONS FOR NORTH TEXAS
JULY 07, 2023
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT
Summary: Under general supervision, manages the Procurement Department functions and staff, and directs the programs and supervisors to achieve their departmental missions; assures compliance of all activities with DHA goals and objectives, state and federal laws, and DHA policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Manages, plans and directs the daily activities of the Procurement Department through appropriate delegation, managerial support, and work supervision; directs the Authority’s procurement of products and services, disposition of obsolete and excess property.
- Reviews and applies new or revised laws, regulations, and compliance standards. Gathers documentation required for contract execution; assists staff in drafting, reviewing and revising contracts.
- Reviews procurement documents and process contracts through required approval process.
- Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with the Authority’s contractual requirements as it pertains to insurance.
- Maintains, tracks, and updates contract database; provides information within scope of authority.
- Provides leadership, direction and coaching to staff and; monitors work, develops staff skills, and evaluates performance.
- Analyzes and evaluates procurement issues and proposals, develops recommendations, and directs the implementations of solutions.
- Monitors Procurement Department operations and procedures; develops and approves recommendations for improving the Department’s operations and processes; assures the satisfaction of customers in quality and responsiveness of services.
- Develops, evaluates and implements Department goals, objectives, policies and procedures; assures Department’s activities are in compliance with all laws, policies, regulations and goals.
- Monitors budget and expenditures for programs and services; coordinates information and assures effective communications between Departments and external groups.
- Supports the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA staff.
- Enthusiastically promotes the President/CEO’s priorities for the operations of DHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of DHA organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable statutes, rules, ordinances, codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supply procurement and disposition, inventory management, and ERP systems.
- Knowledge of techniques and practices for efficient and cost-effective management of allocated resources.
- Knowledge of personnel rules and budgeting systems.
- Knowledge of the principles of record keeping and records management.
- Knowledge of business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications.
- Skill in understanding, interpreting and applying relevant standards and procedures, and applicable Federal and State rules and regulations.
- Skill in supervising staff, delegating tasks and authority, and coaching to improve staff performance.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in working under pressure of deadlines, and establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other DHA staff.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Skill in interacting with people of different social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration or a related field; AND four (4) year’s related procurement management experience, including two (2) years’ experience in the government sector; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid State of Texas Drivers’ License.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
Explanation of Hiring Process
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with the Dallas Housing Authority. All applications for open posted positions must be submitted via on-line at www.dhantx.com. No on-line applications will be accepted after the noted closing date on the announcement. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant positions with the agency.
DHA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all employees and applicants are treated equally without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.