We are currently searching for a Grade Foreman. The primary responsibilities of this position include managing and directing grading crews involved in site work, paving, and utilities. The Grade Foreman plans, coordinates, and directs daily tasks to ensure that work is completed safely, efficiently, and on schedule. The Foreman must have broad functional expertise as well as the ability to solve routine and complex problems.
- Oversee crews performing site work.
- Read and understand project plans and specifications.
- Communicate construction needs --material, equipment, and staffing in a timely manner to Superintendent to prevent delays.
- Inspect work areas throughout construction process to ensure the quality and accuracy of work meets specifications and that crew meets productivity goals.
- Monitor and ensure that crew follows safety policies and procedures.
- Complete required reports (production, personnel time and attendance, vehicle, safety, inspection) on a daily/weekly basis
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods and equipment performance to improve efficiency.
- Initiate and participate in personnel actions including hiring, discipline, evaluation and promotion of employees, and terminations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Five years of related experience and training.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, understands, and analyze plans and specifications.
- Sense of urgency and ability to respond to changing situations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete work on schedule.
- Ability to effectively communicate plans and work schedules to crew and management.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as a team.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Able to formulate sound decisions using available information.
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive truck.
- Ability to use smartphone, iPad, and computer.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work away from home for extended periods.
- Regularly stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and manipulate object, reach with hands and arms, lift above head, bend to the waist, squat, talk and hear.
- Occasionally lift, move or push up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include near, far and color vision.
- Ability to walk on uneven terrain.
- Work in construction areas posing greater risk due to moving equipment and potential trip and fall hazards.
- Regularly be exposed to varying temperatures (high and low) and loud noises.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Benefit and 401(k) Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
About Morgan Corp:
Morgan Corp. has been a leader in commercial and industrial site development since 1945. Our expertise includes a multitude of services – site preparation, landfills, underground utilities, soil stabilization, roller compacted concrete, and water resources. Our Industrial Division acts as a heavy industrial general contractor capable of self-performing structural concrete, structural steel, equipment installation, piping, and electrical scopes.
With offices in Spartanburg, Charlotte, Savannah, and Raleigh, we serve the entire Southeast region. Our company delivers quality projects by focusing on safety, people, and relationships. The construction field requires a lot of attention to detail and patience to ensure our own, and one another’s, safety. Let our competitively low incident rate, low EMR, and extensive work hours without a lost-time injury speak for how dedicated we are to our employees’ safety. Our culture of integrity, respect and collaboration promotes teamwork and a sense of purpose. Through innovation and discipline, we apply our knowledge and experience to maximize value.
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com