We are currently searching for a Small Tools Mechanic. The primary responsibilities of this position is to service, repair, and maintain the company's small tools and light equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems on a variety of light equipment and tools including plate tampers, jumping jacks, saws, submersible and centrifugal pumps, generators, and light plants
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Maintain, diagnose, and repair small gas and diesel engines
- Test equipment following repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with operating specifications
- Check in and inspect tools and equipment that are returned to the warehouse for proper function and condition. Repair as needed.
- Responsible for service documentation and ordering necessary parts
- Periodically deliver tools and equipment to job sites
- Minimum 2 years of experience maintaining and repairing small tools and light equipment
- Extensive knowledge of small engines, general repair, and maintenance of small tools and light equipment
- Must be able to read, interpret, and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics along with service manuals to help diagnose issues to be able to make needed repairs
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) preferred but not required
- Must have own mechanic's tools (basic hand and air tools)
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule, including working overtime and some weekends as needed
- High school diploma or GED required
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast paced constantly changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software programs, email and intranet usage
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
Work is performed outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity, for long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. This position must be able to lift and/or carry up to 100 lbs., stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out and above shoulder, climb, kneel, bend, twist, crawl in tight or confined spaces and push/pull.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
About Morgan Corp:
Morgan Corp. has been a leader in commercial and industrial site development since 1945. Our expertise includes a multitude of services – site preparation, landfills, underground utilities, soil stabilization, roller compacted concrete, and water resources. Our Industrial Division acts as a heavy industrial general contractor capable of self-performing structural concrete, structural steel, equipment installation, piping, and electrical scopes.
With offices in Spartanburg, Charlotte, Savannah, and Raleigh, we serve the entire Southeast region. Our company delivers quality projects by focusing on safety, people, and relationships. The construction field requires a lot of attention to detail and patience to ensure our own, and one another’s, safety. Let our competitively low incident rate, low EMR, and extensive work hours without a lost-time injury speak for how dedicated we are to our employees’ safety. Our culture of integrity, respect and collaboration promotes teamwork and a sense of purpose. Through innovation and discipline, we apply our knowledge and experience to maximize value.
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com