Hogan & Associates Construction has an immediate opening for a SITE CONCRETE FOREMAN. Employment offers are contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug test and background check. Only qualified applicants will be considered.
- Supervises and schedules all employees assigned to their crew. Assumes responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Seeks to build morale of all team members by positive reinforcement, feedback, etc.
- Maintains all employee time cards; ensures employee time is turned in and properly coded.
- Fully committed to the job and the crew. The superintendent is the leader and should be the first person to the job and the last one to leave with the ability to work late or on weekends depending upon job progress and schedule lag.
- Recognizes ultimate responsibility as a leader of the crew. Success and failure in any form belongs to the entire team and as the leader, the superintendent must recognize that all success and failure are a reflection of how he/she manages and leads the team.
- Ensures the safety of their crew by having a full understanding of the OSHA and company safety rules while having the ability to act quickly and effectively when an unsafe situation arises.
- Ensures that all personnel assigned to their crew comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Documents all violations, notifies project management, and recommends/implements corrective actions as required.
- Ensures everyone is working using the most current drawings. Inputs all correspondence into the drawings, request for information (RFI), architectural supplement instructions, etc.
- Ensures “job closeout” procedures are followed, including the punch list, and verifies its completion
- Attends and represents the company in applicable meetings, such as the owner-architect (OAC) meeting, specifically weekly subcontractor meetings/safety meetings, etc.
- Coordinates with project team to create RFIs, check status of all the answers to ensure they have been incorporated into the project, and distribute to all necessary parties and keep records accurate.
- Coordinates with project team to ensure shop drawings are compliant with contract documents and other trade work.
- Works with the project team to establish goals and develop accountability.
- Capability of producing a continuous three (3) week look ahead schedule to assign and coordinate work with both the employees on their crew and subcontractors.
- Ability to plan ahead to order and arrange for delivery or pick up of materials that are required to complete the scope of work according to the schedule.
- Coordinates and directs all subcontractor and vendor deliveries to ensure timeliness and efficient placement on site.
- Ensures that the project is being constructed according to the schedule and that the milestone dates are being achieved.
- Identifies active and potential delays to the project and assures that these delays are being documented and communicated to the project team.
- Creates a recovery plan for project delays.
- Verifies to ensure subcontractor completes the assigned scope of work.
- Gives input, when requested, to the project manager in the creations and/or modification of accurate subcontract agreements or purchase orders. Reads the contracts to know subcontractors’ contractual obligations.
- Attends all subcontractor coordination meetings with the jobsite superintendent.
- Ability to plan ahead to order and arrange for inspections of work that are required by the project specifications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 10 years of related experience working on commercial construction concrete projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge in concrete and finishing including slab on grade, slab on deck, curb and gutter, and sitework.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes.
- Familiarity with a wide range of finishing equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled concrete constructions, maintenance, and repair tasks.
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling and cost control.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage teams.
- Thorough and attentive to details; extremely organized and able to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to proactively plan for any risks and activities to help meet or exceed the deadline.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in the workplace.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read all plans required to perform their scope of work on the project.
- Ability to do basic to difficult layout to ensure that the jobs is proceeding according to the plans and specifications.
- Spanish bilingual is preferred
Possess strong computer skills; proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook. Experience with Procore a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.