The Director of Human Resources (HR) is responsible for designing and administering human resources policies and programs. The HR Manager oversees activities related to HR policies, total rewards, employee relations and employee engagement. The position manages a human resources administrative staff member and partners extensively with accounting and legal personnel.
- Prepares, makes recommendations, and updates human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
- Maintains HR employee records and compiles reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, compensation and internal equity, performance appraisals, and retention/turnover.
- Maintains job descriptions for all company positions to be used in administering HR policies and overall HR strategies.
- Analyzes compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensures compliance with legal requirements.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends, recommending benefit programs to management, evaluating benefit contract bids, implementing new benefit programs, and managing enrollment.
- Evaluates and designs incentive programs to enhance team member engagement and company performance.
- Evaluates, makes recommendations, and administers 401K retirement program, coordinates third party vendors and ensures compliance with regulations.
- Designs and manages annual performance review and merit increase process.
- Develops and manages an onboarding program to positively engage new employees.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and administering policy, and helping resolve work-related issues.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters and assists with difficult employee issues, including staffing, disputes, poor performance, employee terminations, and disciplinary procedures.
- Conducts employee relations investigations as necessary, provides results and risk assessment of investigations to appropriate management team members, and advises management on appropriate follow-up action.
- Conducts and analyzes exit interviews and recommends improvements to senior leadership.
- Leads the development of programs and initiatives to ensure a diverse workforce, an inclusive work environment and equitable outcomes in alignment with the company’s purpose, mission, and values.
- Designs and implements an effective employee engagement measurement system to discover and diagnose gaps between current and desired organizational culture.
- Recommends and coordinates employee recognition programs to enhance staff communication and morale, including recognition and service awards.
- Analyzes training needs and designs and administers training programs related to employee development, leadership development, and employment law compliance.
- Partners with business leaders to design and implement training and development programs that drive organizational effectiveness and business outcomes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of HR staff.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain and protect confidential information
- Ability to produce timely and accurate work
- Communicate accurate information in a clear and concise manner
- Possess a high degree of accuracy and organizational ability
- Build and maintain relationships and mentor others
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and possess strong listening skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability to guide, influence, develop, and motivate others
- Ability to work with diverse population; exceptional interpersonal skills with employees at all levels of the organization
- Dedicated to customer service and continuous improvements
This position has supervisory responsibility.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources Generalist/Management experience
- Certification in Human Resources (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP)
- Strong computer skills with previous experience working with an HRIS system
- Understanding of and experience in interpretation and administration of HR and employment law
- Experience developing and administering HR policies and training programs, and management of HR projects
- In-depth understanding and the ability to apply company culture, goals, philosophy, and values into daily activities
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Background checks- criminal, civil, employment, and education required. Drug screening in compliance with drug free workplace standards.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
TCC is the leading provider of early childhood education and care technology and services to state and local government agencies for the benefit of children, families, and providers. Founded in 1996, TCC is a minority-owned business enterprise (MBE), with nearly 25 years of experience and 180 team members, including subject matter experts with deep expertise in early childhood business, program, and policy. TCC has designed, developed, implemented, operated, and/or maintained early childhood solutions for state and local governments nationwide. Importantly, we have a demonstrated track record of being nimble, flexible, and responsive as new legislation and changing technologies emerge.
• TCC’s purpose is to improve the lives of children and families through innovative childcare and early education solutions.
• Our mission is to be the nation’s leading partner to state and local childcare and early education agencies.
• And we live by our values: customer satisfaction, innovation, integrity, respect, and valuing families.