We are currently seeking candidates for our Internship program for the summer of 2024. We are looking for students that have an interest in learning more about the heavy-civil construction industry - you will gain exposure to the fundamental activities performed within this industry. We will have opportunities in Spartanburg, SC, Charlotte, NC, Raleigh, NC, and Savannah, GA.
- Assist Project Managers and Project Engineers with the daily job task performed
- Support management and field teams in the construction of various infrastructure projects
- Track time and quantities for project accounting
- Prepare and track submittals
- Assist the Project Manager with documentation and coordination of all purchases
- Provide assistance updating schedules
- Provide document control by tracking plans and specifications
- Utility crew work
- Train on and get experience with Heavy Equipment
- College student (Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or any student that has interest in the construction industry)
- Detail oriented and a problem solver
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, grasp, reach with hands and arms, see, speak, and hear. Frequently stand and walk. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or bend. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Most work is performed in office environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
About Morgan Corp:
Morgan Corp. has been a leader in commercial and industrial site development since 1945. Our expertise includes a multitude of services – site preparation, landfills, underground utilities, soil stabilization, roller compacted concrete, and water resources. Our Industrial Division acts as a heavy industrial general contractor capable of self-performing structural concrete, structural steel, equipment installation, piping, and electrical scopes.
With offices in Spartanburg, Charlotte, Savannah, and Raleigh, we serve the entire Southeast region. Our company delivers quality projects by focusing on safety, people, and relationships. The construction field requires a lot of attention to detail and patience to ensure our own, and one another’s, safety. Let our competitively low incident rate, low EMR, and extensive work hours without a lost-time injury speak for how dedicated we are to our employees’ safety. Our culture of integrity, respect and collaboration promotes teamwork and a sense of purpose. Through innovation and discipline, we apply our knowledge and experience to maximize value.
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com