Adolfson & Peterson Construction is hiring for an experienced Assistant Virtual Construction Manager for our Mountain States region. This position will provide support and assistance to the project team by preparing and coordinating models and conducting Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) coordination meetings.
We build trust among our communities and our people by cultivating the right team for every job. We are committed to fostering a creative and collaborative culture with a focus on career growth and balance in the workplace.
AP has diligently built a strong foundation of expertise, experience and exceptional results. We continually invest in our talented team by providing the latest tools, technologies and training necessary to stay ahead of the curve. We set our employees up for long-term success through mentorship opportunities and professional growth and advancement for every person in every role.
We recognize the contributions of our team members with unique experiences and capabilities and strive to establish a work environment that maximizes our collective potential. Going beyond the build for our employees lays a strong foundation for success across AP. We commit to a balanced, value-centered work environment for meaningful projects, careers and talent.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture. Be a champion to support IIF efforts for working safely and building a culture of care and concern for each team member in the workplace.
- Manage the use of VDC models for designated construction projects.
- Request and obtain models from the design team at milestone dates.
- Organize and prepare models for use in the quantity takeoffs by the preconstruction team.
- Assist in the coordination of Building Information Modeling (BIM) Instructions to Bidders items with the preconstruction team.
- Help evaluate mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection (MEPF) proposals and assist in the subcontractor selection process.
- Coordinate federated building models consisting of design team models, subcontractor component models, and in-house generated component models.
- Facilitate regular BIM meetings for above-ceiling coordination and any other model-based coordination that is required. Generate and distribute meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate VDC activities and schedule to the project team, including the VDC Manager, Superintendent, Project Manager, and Project/Field Engineer.
- Prepare any coordination drawings and virtual mockups needed to facilitate project completion.
- Collect and prepare project required as-built/record models and/or CAD files.
- Assist in the process of procuring future projects while continually building client loyalty.
- Assist the marketing department in preparing presentations and proposals.
- Prepare site logistic models, animations, and simulations, in conjunction with the project team, as needed for inclusion in RFPs and interviews.
- Interact and create positive communications with current and potential clients, architects, consultants, other professional organizations, and staff.
- Participate in the review of project design documents for constructability and coordination.
- Provide technical experience on projects in the pre-construction phase.
- Assist the project team in preparing RFIs identified during VDC coordination.
- Assist with training AP staff on the use of modeling software and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of experience and proven results including:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the areas of design, estimating, and/or field supervision while achieving high quality construction standards and 2+ years of related VDC experience.
- Proficiency reading and comprehending building plans and specifications.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, Autodesk Building Suite (Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, and ReCap), Trimble Sketchup, and Bluebeam.
- Experience with model building codes and sustainability a plus.
- Ability to travel and work at various job sites.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Developed skills (written, oral, graphic, and listening) to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful and lasting relationships.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Estimated salary is $66,000 - $84,000 plus bonus.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction’s (AP) ability to adapt and innovate has driven our success for more than 75 years. We are consistently ranked among the top construction managers and general contractors in the nation while maintaining one of the safest records in the industry. We bring positive and measurable change to the communities where we live, work and build. And we invest in new processes and technology to be operationally excellent and remain at the forefront of the ever-changing industry.
We have been committed to quality, innovation, safety and strong relationships since our beginning in 1946. AP offers preconstruction, construction and contracting services to commercial, education, healthcare, hospitality, industrial, multifamily, municipal, data center, and senior living markets with offices across Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Texas, and Wyoming. We employ more than 650 team members who strive for excellence and embody loyalty, trust and genuine love for what they do.
We go beyond the build for our communities and our people.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer