Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Howard S. Wright Construction, a Balfour Beatty Company, is looking to add a Senior Estimator in Portland, Oregon. The Senior Estimator is responsible for preparing budgets, estimates, and pre-bid packages for construction projects to be built for clients under the CM at Risk guaranteed maximum pricing structure. Responsibilities also include working with the project management team in establishing a bidders list, soliciting and evaluating subcontractor proposals and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys and reviewing project plans and specifications for constructability and value engineering in all CSI (Construction Specification Institute) categories of work. Some supervision of other estimators, intern/co-op students, or project engineers adhering to our Safety/Zero Harm culture.
- Performs quantity takeoffs
- Manages multiple projects concurrently
- May assist the project management team
- Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews
- Develops unit costs
- Develops and analyzes value management analysis options
- Performs technical/plan review
- Considers and understands problems, and identifies solutions
- Knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials
- Assess and plans takeoff workload.
- Proficient in all computer software programs used in pre-construction with particular emphasis on estimating software (e.g. MC2, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Paydirt, Constructware, and іSqFt)
- B.S. Degree
- 7 years of pre-construction and/or operations experience on commercial construction projects
- 2 years direct supervisory experience
- Knowledgeable in some or all of the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems
- Must possess knowledge of exterior building wall systems and interior finish construction systems
- Must demonstrate knowledge of construction details about miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, radiation protection, and other trades
- Computer skills including the ability to use estimating software (like MC2), word processing, spreadsheets, bid management, online plan rooms, database applications and company communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook)
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.