Paint Line Engineer
About United Alloy:
United Alloy (UA) is the leading brand when to comes to metal fabrication and powder coating. UA produces the highest quality leak-proof metal fuel tanks, reservoirs, skids, frames, chassis, trailers, heavy metal fabrications, and complex weldments. At UA, our culture produces actively engaged people with sustainable results: safety, quality, productivity, and profitability. Each employee acts with a sense of ownership, takes initiative to problem solve, and is committed to the company’s mission, their team, and themselves.
In addition to our ISO 9001:2008 certification, UA has been recognized as a WBENC woman/minority owned business. While we’re proud of these distinctions, one credential stands above all others: our extensive list of long-term satisfied Fortune 500 OEM customers.
Reports To: Director of Plant Engineering
Job Description: This position is responsible for the overall technical and financial performance of United Alloy paint lines and wastewater treatment. The Paint Engineer will ensure that all mechanical and process components of the continual and batch paint lines are functioning to optimum levels and adhering to all applicable state and local regulations. This position is required to audit titration results, audit PMs and regular line inspections, and ensure world-class quality throughout the paint process.
Benefits: In addition to excellent starting wages, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as numerous perks.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Generous PTO and Vacation policy
- 401(k) with company match
- Bonus opportunities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors the loading and unloading of parts to ensure correct hanging methods, line density calculations and unloading/stacking procedures are adhered to
- Responsible for all documentation, external and internal regarding the paint line – including but not limited to, PM schedules, titrations, zinc levels and wastewater treatments
- Ensures the line is being ran in accordance and in support of UA’s KPI metrics and drives for continuous improvement
- Confer with vendors to communicate requirements and arrange for procurement of capital equipment or tools.
- Resolve product and process problems. Facilitate improvements to tooling, equipment, and purchased materials and services to support quality and productivity objectives.
- Maintain accurate product standards. Evaluate product performance and recommend and implement actions to improve gross margin performance.
- Evaluate and improve process flow and reliability of manufacturing systems through time studies and other Lean Six Sigma techniques
- Evaluate new capital equipment, tooling, and processes for application to existing methods. Assist in the justification and implementation of new technology.
- Develop Operational Method sheets and work instructions.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to improve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Assist in development, testing and improvement of manufacturing processes for optimization of shop floor.
- Make recommendations to optimize shop floor layout.
- Identifies and records any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system.
- Performs any and all duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology or equivalent preferred. High school diploma required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing setting required along with minimum of 2 years of experience in a powder coating setting required
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering specifications
- Ability to read and understand measuring devices as required for equipment set up or production inspection
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must perform all duties in conjunction with UA and ISO requirements
- 12 Expected Behaviors of Actively Engaged Person – 100% Responsible, Trustworthy, Team Player, Clear Communicator, Empathy, Humility, Emotional Self-Control, Resolves Conflict Directly, Positive Attitude, Respects Others, Problem Solver, and Agile.
NOTE: Given the nature/size of our product and customer requirements, we require a stringent hiring process to ensure the highest quality product. Qualified candidates must successfully complete: Basic Skills/Measurement Test | Blueprint Reading Test | Pre-Employment Physical & Drug Screen
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, stoop, pull, push, assemble, and carry for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with an assist.
Work Environment: Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil, and grease. Ability to work in an environment that may be either hot, cold or humid.