Reporting directly to the AP, AR & Compliance Supervisors of Harbor Linx Business Support, Inc. (“HLBS”), HLBS is the business support subsidiary that works with related companies; McGuire and Hester, Casey-Fogli Concrete Construction, Circa ’26, and CF&T Concrete Pumping. The Accounting Assistant primarily supports the AP, AR & Compliance Specialists and is cross trained to step in and substitute for any of these positions, as necessary. In addition, the Accounting Assistant is assigned a variety of tasks to help support the Company’s accounting and administrative efforts.
AP, AR & Compliance Supervisors
- AP invoice entry and assist with weekly edits.
- Ensure timely approval of AP invoices by regularly following up with field managers and other approvers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with vendors by timely answering payment inquiries and resolving disputed invoices.
- Review vendor statements and request or missing invoices.
- Provide AP Payment Reports as requested by field managers and other approvers.
- Assist in processing job and inter-company billings.
- Obtain lien waivers and other documents from subcontractors and suppliers as directed by the AR Supervisor.
- Prepare AR Aging Reports.
- Assist in the review of AR aging and making collection calls.
- Enter subcontractor billings.
- Assist in obtaining lien waivers and other compliance documents from subcontractors.
- Establish a good working relationship with subcontractors by always providing a complete list of compliance requirements and prompt payment updates.
- Stay up to date with lien laws.
- Submit weekly certified payroll reports via DIR and/or on-line platforms (e.g., LCP Tracker and Elation Systems).
- Perform special projects assigned by the CFO, Controller and/or Supervisors.
- Provide periodic relief to switchboard operations.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Language Skills: must be able to read and write in English
- Mathematical Skills: understanding of accounting principles and in the practiced of daily accounting functions
- Reasoning Ability: apply common sense understanding how to carry out multiple step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with occasional variables
- Computer Skills: Ten-key by touch; must type at least 40 wpm
- Certificates, Licenses, Registration: none required for this job
- Family medical, dental and vision
- Company stock (ESOP)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sabbatical Program
- Personal Financial Planning
We are confident that our retirement plan is the best in the industry.
Compensation: $24-$28/hr based on skills, knowledge, and experience