At SSRS, the work we do has an impact. We give people the chance to be heard by conducting quantitative and qualitative research on a variety of topics including current events, health care, customer satisfaction, politics, media usage, sports, and more.
Our team of critical thinkers has genuine enthusiasm for our work and a shared goal to connect people through research. We get excited about the inherent problem solving involved in survey-based research, and our process fosters transparency through collaboration.
Our Data Processing team is a dedicated team of technical professionals. We are looking for a Senior Data Processing Programmer that is smart and committed to delivering quality deliverables to our internal and external clients. A sense of humor, organizational skills, and a love of all things technical would be great, too.
This position is based in our Glen Mills, PA office, but remote work is a possibility for the right candidate.
Responsible for preparing and executing data cleaning and data tabulation programs, SPSS data files, and other data manipulation programs. This includes ensuring that projects assigned are executed within study timelines and budget parameters, and adhere to our company quality standards.
- Work on assigned studies following specifications and established standards to meet the data requirements and reporting needs of the respective study. Specific study work includes:
- Perform data processing functions to provide internal clients study data in the desired format. This includes gathering the necessary data, cleaning and formatting, weighing the data as specified, providing appropriate statistical testing, presenting the data in various formats (SPSS, tabulations, loading to portals, etc.).
- Troubleshoot problems with other operations departments and make recommendations to the project team on how best to best handle survey and/or data issues.
- Provide project management support to all assigned studies ensuring deliverables meet study objectives. This involves overseeing and coordinating all activities and timelines from the time a questionnaire is delivered for programming until data is collected and processed.
- Provide technical support to junior level staff members.
- Provide technical and operational expertise/consultancy to Client Service staff on data processing issues and processes. This encompasses liaising with project directors regarding project work (including project meetings and training/presentation activity).
- Perform necessary administration tasks including monitoring estimated versus actual cost, to ensure assigned studies are completed on time and within budget.
- Generate process improvement ideas. Provide input to existing processes as required to improve the process and/or handle new products and clients.
- Provide back-up support for Data Processing Manager when needed.
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision/guidance.
- Solid understanding of study requirements and ability to execute against those plans and requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of SPSS syntax for file creation, data cleaning, variable creation, and general data manipulation.
- Strong working knowledge of Market Research data processing platform; Experience working with Data Manipulation/Crosstab software a must. Confirmit and/or Survox Mentor preferred.
- Effective communication skills
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Strong decision-making skills; Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Responsibility for self-development with particular emphasis on data management, data formatting, and table generation techniques.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Experience and Educational Background
- College degree preferred.
- 5+ years of working experience in the marketing research industry in a technical function with a highly successful track record.
- Well-developed and demonstrated record of successful technical services skills, within MR environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of market research data layouts