Vision Electric & Plumbing is actively searching for a Safety Director who will supervise safety, accident, and first aid for all corporate, regional and field locations.
This position is available in our Clive Iowa office and/or our Fremont Nebraska location.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through implementation of safety management programs.
- Follow the Safety Management Plan and serve as primary contact to OSHA in the event of a safety crisis.
- Be familiar with all regulations and requirements of all agencies that have authority over company projects.
- Oversee corporate safety program and ensure employee safety orientation training is administered as required.
- Ensure that the corporate safety program remains updated with the most current regulations, requirements, policies, etc.
- May be required to help obtain and issue required safety permits for work on projects in conjunction with Project team.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and maintenance records of all accidents, safety violations and unsafe conditions or activities.
- Review documentation to ensure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required. Ensure that all safety-related paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Accompany all safety, health and insurance inspectors on walk-through tours. Coordinate/assist in preparing written appeals for safety violation citations.
- Maintain safety and hazardous information publications and material and distribute to field personnel and others as required.
- Be primary liaison for the OSHA Partnership Agreement, and other such industry-related groups to ensure protocols and procedures remain up to date.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the OSHA logs for to ensure their accuracy and compliance with the OSHA Partnership Agreement.
- Prepare and deliver safety training including OSHA 10-hour, OSHA 30-hour, First Aid and CPR. Coordinate training with outside sources as required.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Regional Operations Managers, and Project Managers and all Co-workers.
- Conduct Workman’s Comp injury investigations/ prepare initial claim form for WC/ follow up with employees and WC carrier to determine return to work eligibility.
- Conduct vehicle accident and or injury investigations/ prepare initial claim form for submittal to insurance company.
- Fleet management: Inspections up to date/DOT compliance & registrations
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years construction safety management experience
- 5+ years of commercial construction experience, preferably working in the agricultural industry
- Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce federal, state, local and corporate regulations.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- OSHA 10 & 30 Required; OSHA 500 strongly preferred
- Able to pass MVR screening with a clean driving history
This position requires traveling to our jobsites in several locations including (but not limited to) the Midwest
- In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, our benefits package and our "small family shop" work atmosphere encourages our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Tool Purchase Program
• Paid continuing education
• Paid training
• Advancement and career growth opportunities available.