Part-Time/Flexible (Possibility of growing to full-time, if desired!)
- Are you an HR professional looking for a new challenge with variety, and flexibility, and an opportunity to grow?
- Do you have a good mix of problem-solving ability, common sense, empathy and confidence?
- Are you able to find practical solutions, and give advice directly, yet tactfully?
Alternative HR's mission is to serve small and medium-sized employers, most of whom have no HR professional on staff. We provide outsourced human resource services on an as-needed, fractional or interim basis. We work on a strategic level with business owners and CEOs, and we also do the heavy lifting when our clients need to find, develop and lead people, comply with laws and regulations, and create a work environment where individuals and organizations can excel!
We do HR differently than you may be used to, but if, on top of your HR skills, you can juggle, pivot, consult, coach and collaborate, consider this opportunity! Our consultants enjoy the challenge and autonomy that comes with this opportunity, the flexibility and life-first balance the position provides, and the trust and appreciation of both co-workers and clients.
While based in South Dakota, we work with clients and their employees wherever they are located - some in-person, some remotely. In a normal week, you will work with multiple employers and projects, interact with front-line employees, CEO's and business owners, and have opportunities to make a real impact in the organizations we serve.
If you have a minimum of 5-7 years of HR Director, Manager or Generalist experience, including recruiting and talent acquisition success, and have good understanding of people and business, this is an opportunity you should explore.
What would you do? As one of our consultants, you may be asked to:
- Conduct HR Risk Assessments
- Consult with key executives regarding HR objectives; recommend strategies
- Manage human resource functions for clients
- Assist clients with recruiting and screening
- Implement HR processes and systems
- Review and update job descriptions, employment handbooks, etc.
- Coach managers and supervisors on personnel and performance issues
- Assist clients with state and federal compliance
- Conduct compensation and benefits analysis
What do you need to be considered? Qualifications Include:
- 5 to 7 years of successful HR experience - Director, Manager or Generalist - with broad HR knowledge
- BA/BS in business, human resources or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong talent acquisition experience and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office and HR Information Systems
- Confident, professional, positive, with ability to meet deadlines (and juggle!)
- Ability/willingness to travel to some client locations
- HR certification preferred
Base pay for HR Consultant (Level I) is $35-$41.50/hour depending on experience. You also become bonus eligible after one full quarter.
Benefits include health allowance, 401k, supplemental insurance, PTO, VTO, paid holidays, flexible scheduling, training and continuing ed, EAP, plus an awesome team with which to work! Weekday hours are normal, with considerable flexibility, depending on assignments. For more information about Alternative HR, check out our website: https://alternativehr.com