Reporting to: Operations Manager
indus is a family-owned and operated business that has been serving the northeast for over 65 years. We have a PEOPLE first culture full of hard-working employees and we strive to provide the best working environment possible. Our clients have come to expect only the best service and professionalism from our team. We seek to hire people with a proactive mindset and the ability to work independently as well as with a team. Our goal at indus is to provide opportunities for employees to develop a career, not just another job.
The Operations Supervisor will provide a range of core support primarily in the field operations piece of the business, including scheduling, communicating with field employees/Foreman and performing various other operations functions as required. The Supervisor will work to optimize existing systems and processes to improve outcomes and enhance collaboration, all while continuously executing on tight and high stakes deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates with the Operations Manager in the implementation and validation of new roll outs;
- Organizes and administers micro surfacing maps;
- Acts as backup as needed to the Operations Manager;
- Facilitating weekly operations meetings;
- Work hand-in-hand with the project team to create a mutual understanding of the project strategy based on the requirement of the job;
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way;
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices;
- Processes sick pay;
- Develop detailed crew, equipment, and jobsite design.
- Work closely with Superintendents/Foreman to coordinate last minute changes, call-ins, and sick days.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience in lieu of college degree required;
- Minimum 5-8 years previous related experience;
- Possess excellent written & verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with the field, management and clients alike;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required;
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment; and
- Must be proactive and solution oriented.
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Requires extensive computer use for long periods of time;
- Noise level is typically quiet in the office; moderate to loud in the field;
- Required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers to probe, handle, or feel and reach with hands or arms;
- Required to sit for long periods;
- Required to listen and respond in a professional manner;
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25lbs;
- 401(k) and Pension
- 1 Remote Day per week
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program