Morgan Corp is looking for a Safety Specialist to provide support to our divisions across the company. Morgan Corp operates with a continuous improvement mindset in safety, and we are looking for a difference maker with a similar mindset to fill this role. This position will be based out of the corporate office in Duncan, SC. It’s essential that the ideal candidate will have proficient knowledge in data analytics and can provide insight to support Safety initiatives and strategy. This person will perform administrative functions to support the Morgan Corp safety team and assist the Corporate Director of EHS. This position will support management requests for information to make operational decisions, proactively identify performance trends and offer recommendations. This role will use data and analytical skills to inform the team and influence our stakeholders.
- Understand business needs and build data and analytics solutions to satisfy requirements including the development of data visualizations and self-service tools.
- Collect, analyze, monitor, and report on operational safety trends based on analysis of relevant data at an aggregate level.
- Develop dashboards and automated reporting related to key safety performance metrics.
- Identify appropriate data sources, analyze data, perform trend analysis, present findings, and make recommendations in response to current safety concerns and in support of policy and process development.
- Coordinate the collection, interpretation, and reporting and/or analysis of HS&E performance measures against initiatives, objectives, and milestones, assuring timely submittal and progress.
- Effectively communicate business insights and findings with management
- Assist in implementing and maintaining safety documentation and record keeping using safety software.
- Act as safety office liaison for field safety team members, and project team members.
- Maintain OSHA 300 Logs.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Communicate with vendors and subcontractors.
- Assist with project prequalification questionnaires.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Focus on HSE, Accounting, Communications or other applicable area.
- EHS or Heavy Civil experience.
- OSHA 510 Construction Standards Training.
- Able to gather and use relevant data to measure effectiveness, identify status, patterns, issues, trends, and root causes. Uses data to develop solutions.
- Shares data-based insights powerfully and simply to create shared understanding and commitment to action/solution.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in an environment with multiple competing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain accurate record keeping.
- Ability to communicate and respond professionally to clients and coworkers.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Demonstrate good writing and grammatical skills.
- Be personable in the workplace and on the phones.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
Paid Time Off
About Morgan Corp:
Morgan Corp. has been a leader in commercial and industrial site development since 1945. Our expertise includes a multitude of services – site preparation, landfills, underground utilities, soil stabilization, roller compacted concrete, and water resources. Our Industrial Division acts as a heavy industrial general contractor capable of self-performing structural concrete, structural steel, equipment installation, piping, and electrical scopes.
With offices in Spartanburg, Charlotte, Savannah, and Raleigh, we serve the entire Southeast region. Our company delivers quality projects by focusing on safety, people, and relationships. The construction field requires a lot of attention to detail and patience to ensure our own, and one another’s, safety. Let our competitively low incident rate, low EMR, and extensive work hours without a lost-time injury speak for how dedicated we are to our employees’ safety. Our culture of integrity, respect and collaboration promotes teamwork and a sense of purpose. Through innovation and discipline, we apply our knowledge and experience to maximize value.
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.