A quick commute from many local areas - Located just off route 24 at 7229 W Wheeler Rd, Mapleton, IL 61547.
- 7 minutes from downtown Pekin
- 10 minutes from downtown Bartonville
- 20 minutes from downtown Peoria
- 25 minutes from Canton
The Shot Blast Specialist position is responsible for preparing parts for paint. Through the use of an overhead crane and a power industrial truck, this individual will work in tandem to load and blast material with the purpose of removing corrosion and creating a profile acceptable for coating. This position will enter completed material into the GDI portal for billing purposes. The shot blast specialist is required to use a hand/power grinder to remove any remaining debris left behind. The shot blast specialist will maintain a safe and clean work area by ensuring the shot blast room and surrounding area are swept throughout the day.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Unstack, load/unload product in shot blast room.
- Operate shot blast machine in a safe manor.
- Maintain equipment and media levels
- Utilize overhead crane operation
- Operate (be certified for) a sit down Power industrial truck.
- Use power/hand grinder to remove remaining debris.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience on a sit-down, counter balance truck desired. Will complete fork lift training upon hire
- Previous experience with hand/power tools
Location: 7229 W Wheeler Rd, Mapleton, IL 61547
Shift and Hours: 2nd Shift | 2:30 PM – 11 PM
Starting Pay: $19.00 - $20.00 / hour + $1.00 Shift Premium