Asphalt Plant Operator PO0923
Sanders Brother Construction is currently seeking a Plant Operator to support Sanders Brothers’ Asphalt plant operations. The Asphalt Plant are a critical component to Sanders Brother’s 60+ years of success in the asphalt paving industry and requires dedicated workers to ensure productivity. Sanders Brothers operates three asphalt plants in tri-county area.
Sanders Brothers Construction Company, Inc. is a fully bonded, licensed and insured general contractor of heavy highway, street and road construction located in North Charleston, South Carolina. Our area of work includes residential and commercial developments, as well as heavy highway and DOT construction. We have the capability of performing a turn-key site work package in-house to include cost estimation, project management, surveying, grading, asphalt paving, concrete curb and gutter and flatwork, storm drainage and water and sewer systems. We also have three asphalt production plants, an active concrete and asphalt recycling division which includes a mobile crusher that travels around the southeast, as well as a soil stabilization division.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manufacturing various asphalt products according to mix design, customer and Department of Transportation (DOT) specifications.
- Performs pre and post shift inspections and reports condition of plant for items needing repair. Operates controls to batch material.
- Reads and/or writes delivery tickets to determine mix design called for each load. Performs calculations for differing load sizes.
- Loads Hot Mix Asphalt into haul trucks. May issue delivery tickets to haul truck driver.
- Ability to operate loader to supply material to the plant. Communicates with Dispatchers and Drivers.
- Controls inventory of materials (i.e. oil, fuel, lime, etc.).
- Work in varying weather conditions and work environments including dusty, wet, loud noises, etc.
- Keep company equipment and working areas clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or problems.
- Comply with all SBCC policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform any other general duties as specified.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in SBCC’s Lock-out/Tag-out Policies & Procedures and all other Safety regulations.
- Ability to assist in the Preventative Maintenance Program and repairs as required.
- Follow all DHEC requirements for plant operation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Requires solid knowledge and understanding of proper operation and capabilities of the equipment.
- Must be able to recognize various products by sight and to understand proper plant operation.
- Basic computer operation experience.
- Lift plant components up to 50 pounds
- Work at heights of up to 100-feet and move in a variety of body positions
- Must have the ability to stand, kneel or sit for long periods of time.
- Possess basic computer skills and have the ability to read technical manuals.
- Basic math i.e. the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and find percentages are required.
- Must obtain a negative drug test result prior to hire and maintain throughout term of employment.
- Must meet SBCC's employment standards with regards to background checks.
- Flexible availability to include overtime, weekends and nights and may require periods of “on-call” time.
- Work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, varying temperatures, loud noises, etc.
- Previous experience in operating various types of heavy mobile equipment is preferred.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of an asphalt plant.
- Ability to cut, weld and fabricate.
- Ability to diagnose sources of trouble and use various hand tolls, power tolls, and machinery such as grinders, presses, and jacks to complete repairs
Medical, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing, 401K, Vacation and Holiday
Sanders Brothers Construction is a fully bonded, license and insured general contractor of street & road construction, and asphalt manufacturing. Founded in the early 60’s, we continue to pride our company on the principles that laid the initial foundation for success: hard work, customer satisfaction and quality products and service.
Sanders Brothers Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
“EEO is the Law” www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm