Operations and Finance Specialist
- Do you have strengths in the operational and financial side of business?
- Are you organized, analytical and detailed, with strong follow-through?
- Can you add value to a collaborative, high performing 'A-team'?
Alternative HR is looking for an Operations and Finance Specialist (30+hours/week) to provide support to our HR leadership and consulting teams, as we work with businesses, non-profits and public entities throughout the Midwest. As our Operations and Finance Specialist, you will provide accounting support, financial analysis, operations support, as well as tackle other projects and administrative functions.
Alternative HR is a leading provider of outsourced HR and fractional HR services. We provide a wide range of professional support that helps our clients compete for great talent, assure compliance with employment regulations, and create an environment where individuals and teams can excel and prosper. We need your talents to help us continually improve our effectiveness and reach!
Here's what we need you to do:
- Accounting Functions
- Prepare invoices; review invoices; manage AR and AP
- Verify time records and deductions; manage bi-weekly payroll
- Maintain and reconcile bank accounts
- Financial Analysis
- Prepare and review monthly and quarterly statements and reports
- Perform income and cost analysis of various projects and services
- Provide options and recommendations to leadership
- Operational Support
- Manage software: i.e. CRM, time and attendance, project management tracking
- Assist with client account set-up and maintenance
- Prepare and maintain vendor and client business agreements
- Provide consultant and client service as needed
- Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support to CEO and Director of Operations
- Maintain and file business and legal documents
- Administer company benefits and insurance coverages
- Respond to or forward phone calls, customer inquiries, etc.
- Coordinate or manage internal projects as assigned
Here is what you need to bring to the table:
- Solid bookkeeping and accounting experience, with good analytical skills; accounting degree preferred
- Intuitive problem-solving and analytical skills - and willingness to collaborate with others in doing so
- Experience providing operational support: i.e., account management, SOPs, best practices, etc.
- Strong software skills: i.e., QuickBooks, CRM, project management, time tracking, Office 365
- Strong organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- AND, bonus points for experience working with HR functions or with HR professionals!
Full-time (30+ hours/week). Weekday hours, M-F with some flexibility. Starting pay $26 to $30 per/hour depending on experience. Bonus eligible after one full quarter. Benefits include health allowance, 401k, supplemental insurance, PTO, VTO, paid holidays, EAP, continuing ed, plus an awesome team with which to work! For more information about Alternative HR, check us out at https://alternativehr.com. EOE