TITLE: Helpdesk Technician I
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Full Time
DIRECT REPORTS: None
LOCATION: Hybrid (90% remote)
The Help Desk Technician position fills a crucial role in providing exceptional technical support and assistance to end-users. Responsibilities will include efficiently responding to incoming inquiries via various communication channels, diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues, guiding users through problem-solving steps, participating in on-call support groups, and escalating complex problems to higher tiers when necessary. With a strong emphasis on excellent communication, patience, and a customer-focused approach, Help Desk Technician I position ensure timely issue resolution while maintaining accurate records of interactions and solutions. Professionalism and expertise will contribute to delivering a seamless user experience and maintaining the overall functionality of systems and software.
NOTE: This is a remote, work from home opportunity, but will require occasional work onsite at Indianapolis IN office on an as-needed basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work to resolve incoming service requests, logging them accordingly in a ticketing system, and escalating support requests as needed.
• Perform remote support of employee systems including installing software, troubleshooting issues, and providing positive customer service support experiences.
• Perform changes to Active Directory objects like Users, Computers, Global Groups, and Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
• Interacts with facility vendors on operational activities.
• Work with project team to identify and deliver required PC services.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
• Receive, log, and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding hardware refresh project.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
• Attend meetings as requested by project management.
• Other related duties as assigned by project management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, must be customer service oriented.
• Acquires and maintains additional technical and management skills for professional development.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Must be capable of working a flexible schedule.
• At least two (2) years of experience in the following technical areas:
o Experience troubleshooting PC’s and Microsoft applications.
o PCs, laptops, thin clients, stand-alone and networked printers, standalone and networked scanners.
o Demonstrated experience repairing, installing, upgrading, and reconfiguring any of these items.
o Demonstrated experience installing and configuring Windows 10 OS.
o Demonstrated experience performing basic Active Directory Administration.
• Demonstrated experience using:
o Standard Software: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Windows 10/11 OS, and general PC Software.
o Service desk software (opening, documenting, closing, and follow up on service calls).
o E-mail/Scheduling: Microsoft Outlook
• Experience with cloud computing environments such as Azure and AWS is a bonus.
Educational and Experience Requirements
• Associate degree or its equivalent and 2-5 years of experience preferred.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors.