Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Financial Analyst to be based out of our corporate office located in Golden Valley. This position will generate reports, analyze data, and assist with the corporate accounting functions while providing accounting support for the related-party investments.
We build trust among our communities and our people by cultivating the right team for every job. We are committed to fostering a creative and collaborative culture with a focus on career growth and balance in the workplace.
AP has diligently built a strong foundation of expertise, experience and exceptional results. We continually invest in our talented team by providing the latest tools, technologies and training necessary to stay ahead of the curve. We set our employees up for long-term success through mentorship opportunities and professional growth and advancement for every person in every role.
We recognize the contributions of our team members with unique experiences and capabilities and strive to establish a work environment that maximizes our collective potential. Going beyond the build for our employees lays a strong foundation for success across AP. We commit to a balanced, value-centered work environment for meaningful projects, careers and talent.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
- Comply with company expectations, processes, and financial controls.
- Initiate new state business registrations.
- Research tax savings, rebates, and credits; complete forms necessary to claim financial savings.
- Help maintain the accounting procedures and year-end procedures manual.
- Monitor changes in tax laws including sales and use tax, gas tax, property tax, and corporate income taxes.
- Coordinate and review the company credit card program.
- Work in conjunction with others to prepare budgets, forecasts, and manage cash flow.
- Support the assistant controller in preparing and analyzing company financials; generate and distribute reports.
- Construct cash flow financial models and waterfalls.
- Compile, update, and analyze cash projects.
- Help prepare detailed analyses measuring key business drivers, company metrics, and financial performance.
- Determine key drivers impacting company income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flow.
- Consolidate forecast and budget spreadsheets.
- Assist with the yearly financial plan process for the operating regions and the company.
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Prepare and/or partner with the accounting team to complete financial audits, tax returns, reports, and analyses.
- Research, prepare, and file related-party investment forms.
- Perform basic accounting functions for related-party investments such as income statements, general ledger, and journal entries.
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Analyze entitlements based on contract terms.
- Develop, maintain, and manage tools to forecast on current and future projects and analyze key financial and operational metrics of the business.
- Create accurate reports, analyses, and financial models to examine key needs, variances, and opportunities for management and other internal customers.
- Responsible for the preparation of and analysis of the periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas.
- Initiate the development of data analysis tools and models to be used by regional leadership and accounting team members in a collaborative manner.
- Help gather and analyze financial and statistical data.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Participate in the monthly financial close process.
- Provide backup for subcontractor payables using a third-party system.
- Responsible for the daily cash receipts process and other accounts receivable duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of progressively more experience and proven results including:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field and 2+ years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in the construction industry; CPA and public accounting experience are preferred. Experience and familiarity with the A/E/C industry preferred.
- Demonstrated financial acumen, including experience creating financial analyses for business decision support.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office including Excel, Access, and Word; familiarity with construction accounting software preferred.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Developed skills (written, oral, and listening) in order to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Ability to drive to the core of complex issues and provide insightful and constructive feedback.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction’s (AP) ability to adapt and innovate has driven our success for more than 75 years. We are consistently ranked among the top construction managers and general contractors in the nation while maintaining one of the safest records in the industry. We bring positive and measurable change to the communities where we live, work and build. And we invest in new processes and technology to be operationally excellent and remain at the forefront of the ever-changing industry.
We have been committed to quality, innovation, safety and strong relationships since our beginning in 1946. AP offers preconstruction, construction and contracting services to commercial, education, healthcare, hospitality, industrial, multifamily, municipal, data center, and senior living markets with offices across Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Texas, and Wyoming. We employ more than 650 team members who strive for excellence and embody loyalty, trust and genuine love for what they do.
We go beyond the build for our communities and our people.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer