Responsible for the planning, engineering, and support of multiple organization's system infrastructures. Includes the implementation and design of virtualization technologies, establishing secure network connectivity, and leveraging cloud platforms both internally and with customer systems. An IT related bachelor's degree or relevant technical degrees, certifications, and verifiable work experience in area of specialty with 7-10 years of experience are required.
• Install, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot virtualization technologies, network systems and cloud platforms.
• Monitor and maintain secure system configurations to ensure data integrity within the virtualization, network, and cloud platforms.
• Monitor system availability and resource consumption of virtualization, network, and cloud platforms.
• Maintain multi-site network operations and hybrid-cloud operations.
• Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, customers, and vendors to provide technical assistance and support.
• Managing cloud and hybrid-cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
• Employing exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to see and solve issues before they become problems.
• Must stay current with industry trends making recommendations as needed to help the organization innovate and excel.
• Must coordinate and collaborate in a team setting, sometimes offering support in other technology areas.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Provide meaningful documentation for staff and coworkers.
• Participation in change management processes.
Occasional travel may be expected for this position.
This is a fully remote, work-from-home position with light, occasional, travel. Candidates in Eastern or Central Time Zone preferred.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
• 7-10 years of experience working in the Information Technology field
• Experience with advanced administrative functions on virtualization, network, and cloud platforms
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
• VMWare ESX / Microsoft Hyper-V
• FortiNet Products
• Cisco Products
• Information Security frameworks from NIST or ISO
• Secure configuration standards from DISA or CIS
• Multi-Factor Authentication technologies
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
TCC holds multiple MS Certifications, including a Gold Certification level in both Application Development and Hosting, as well as a Silver Data Center Certification. In addition to Microsoft, TCC is also a Registered Partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS), and a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level III assessed development organization that utilizes the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standard processes for IT service management that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. To maximize these practices, TCC encourages staff members to gain ITIL certifications, and even offers study courses and material in-house.