At Bensonwood, we strive to uphold the core values of quality, work ethic, teamwork, inclusivity, humility, and continuous improvement in everything we do. As a design-build company located in Walpole, NH, we are seeking an experienced Director of Construction Documentation to join our growing team.
Coordinate and manage the team that develops and documents residential and commercial project designs for the purpose of securing building permits and approvals, as well as creation of other documentation needed by trades and outside entities such as architects, engineers, estimators, builders, sub-contractors, vendors, and clients.
- Coordinate with project leaders and other team Directors to determine the best construction techniques, and strategies for completing projects, while staying within budget and controlling work quality
- Identify and foster development of standards for company products such as OpenHome, Tektoniks, and Unity Streamline
- Leading the team that prepares accurate 3D B.I.M. models, thorough permit sets, construction drawings, and supporting documents for local building authorities, clients, vendors, and internal production teams
- Set project schedules and manage team performance to meet deadlines.
- Create and maintain high quality standards in:
- 2D Construction Documentation
- 3D Model Hand-off
- Project Engineering
- Third Party Administration
- Standard Detail Maintenance
- Attend weekly leadership meetings, identify and commit to goals and metrics, and ensure completion or delegation of work
- Identify and resolve issues by engaging with leadership team and others
- Support company vision and address questions or concerns
- Ensure clarity and adherence to SOPs and core processes
- Provide clear direction and enforce company policies
- Collaborate with other departments for necessary resources and training
- Conduct quarterly meetings with reports to assess their fit and growth
- Establish clear expectations, roles, responsibilities, and metrics and delegate effectively
- Communicate clearly and consistently with your team, ensure information from leadership and other teams is properly disseminated
- Reward and recognize team members, provide timely feedback
- Expertise in design-build processes, strategic planning, building codes, and construction
- 6+ years in construction, architectural, or design-build office
- Ability to manage a diverse team, including communicating closely with other leaders, setting expectations, holding team accountable for achieving goals, and supporting team in professional development
- Proficiency in 3D B.I.M. software (primarily Cadwork and Revit), Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat (PDF), Bluebeam Revu
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to lead and contribute in construction and design discussions
- Degree in design, building science or architecture ·
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation and exact title for this position will be based on skill level and experience. All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Bensonwood is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Dental insurance
- Voluntary Short-term Disability
- Profit Sharing
More about Bensonwood and our values:
Our commitment to quality craftsmanship and next-generation technology is reflected in our approach to creating homes and commercial structures that prioritize the health and wellbeing of people and the planet. We specialize in customizable standards-based architecture and offer fully custom design/build services for projects requiring the highest levels of energy efficiency and minimal on-site building time.
Teamwork and inclusivity are important aspects of our company culture. We believe that diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to achieving our goals, and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage women and minorities to apply.
At Bensonwood we recognize that a good work ethic is important, there is always room for improvement, and we are constantly seeking ways to do better. We prioritize continuous improvement by staying up-to-date with the latest industry standards and trends, and by always looking for ways to innovate and improve our processes.
We believe that everyone on our team plays an important role in achieving our goals, and that nobody is above a job that needs to be done. We approach our work with humility, recognizing that we are part of a larger community and that our actions have an impact.
Our commitment to sustainability is at the core of everything we do, and we take every opportunity to minimize waste and prioritize the use of bio-based non-toxic and low embodied energy materials. Whether it's a small task or a large project, we approach every job with the same level of dedication and attention to detail, because we know that each and every action we take has an impact on our community and our planet.