Three Rivers Community Action is a well-established nonprofit housing development entity that has produced over 1,000 units of housing in southeast Minnesota and across the state. The agency is seeking an experienced professional to be its next Housing Development Director to lead and expand its housing development work. Stepping into a role that has a strong foundation, the Director will lead a team of highly skilled project managers to identify and plan new projects, secure financing, and manage the development process. Three Rivers has an established pipeline of projects and strong relationships with community partners and funding entities who share the desire to increase and improve the affordable housing stock in the community. The Director will maintain and enhance these relationships, build new partnerships, and continue to grow the agency’s real estate portfolio and expand its impact in the community.
In addition to the requirements below, the ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, strategic, and a problem-solver. They will be able to manage several priorities simultaneously and seek collaborative solutions to complex problems. They will be curious, creative, driven, and a highly effective communicator. Mission-driven and sense of humor are a plus. Established relationships with communities, officials, and organizations in Southeast Minnesota desired.
Three Rivers Community Action provides economic opportunities that strengthen individuals, families, and communities in southeastern Minnesota. The agency provides a wide array of housing, early childhood, older adult, energy, and transportation programs and services.
This position reports to the Executive Director and is based at the Zumbrota location with some remote work. Travel, mostly in Southeast Minnesota, is required; mileage is reimbursed at the current IRS rate. This full-time position has a great benefit package including generous Paid Time Off (PTO), health insurance (with an Agency-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)), and a 403(b) Retirement Plan with a generous Agency match after 12 months of employment.
Job offers are contingent on a reference and background check.
We encourage you to apply even if you meet some but not all the listed qualifications. Three Rivers has a firm commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion; we encourage applications from those who will help us become a more inclusive organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum five years of progressive experience in housing development, real estate, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, including budgeting and analysis. Extensive experience creating and using Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of finance tools for affordable housing development, particularly Low Income Housing Tax Credits, bonds, gap financing, state and federal funding programs, tax increment financing and others.
- Knowledge of housing development process and ability to manage team of professionals throughout the development process.
- Strong writing skills and ability to prepare funding applications.
- Experienced public speaker and demonstrated ability to work with people with diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Extensive organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated, confident individual with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to solve problems, identify new solutions and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to travel within the region.
TO APPLY: Complete the online application; attach a cover letter and resume.
Three Rivers is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer