Engineering firm, specializing in electrical engineering services in the industrial and utility fields, has an immediate opportunity for an experienced electrical engineer with a background in electrical power system design and analysis, as well as electrical controls automation, to join our Bend, Oregon team. This is a full-time, direct-hire, NON-REMOTE, professional position.
Base salary, plus annual bonuses, 401(k) with up to a 5% employer match, profit sharing, paid time off, 100% employer-paid medical, dental and long term disability insurance, 50%+ employer-paid dependent insurance coverage, and more!
Company specializes in analysis, design, installation and maintenance of electrical power systems for industrial facilities (up to 600 MVA and 230 kV) and hydroelectric facilities. Our work includes, but is not limited to the following design services;
- Substation Design
- Protective Relaying System Design
- Underground Distribution Design
- Industrial Power System Design
- SCADA/Control System Design and Integration
- Electrical Distribution System Design (480V – 15kV)
- Analytical Services:
- Power System Measurements
- Harmonic Analysis
- Short Circuit/Arc Flash Hazard Calculations
- Power Flow Analysis
- Protective Device Coordination
- Perform a variety of assignments in the design of electrical systems for government and industrial facilities, including the design, layout, construction and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems.
- Perform design, drafting, and documentation activities for electrical controls systems, including, but not limited to, component sizing, specification and selection, schematics and wiring diagrams development, control box layout and design, I/O list generation, etc.
- Perform building lighting and load calculations.
- Prepare and develop designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings.
- Perform programming activities for the product Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) devices.
- Evaluate and recommend equipment in order to assist in the selection of preferred options to meet our customers’ needs.
- Provide engineering support to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and requirements.
- Generate required documentation including, but not limited to, functional specifications (FS) to meet project requirements.
- Perform design, development and quality control activities to ensure the project meets the customer needs and specifications.
- Provide support to sales/estimators to include specification reviews, assisting with writing bids, responding to RFP’s, etc.
- Spearhead the project management process by walking jobs, communicating with customers regarding change orders, working with the Superintendent regarding job specific staffing needs, etc.
- Assist in the training and mentorship of junior-level engineers and other staff members.
- Work with the Purchasing Department in order to become familiar with organization and/or customer preferred parts and supplies.
- Follow and support the company safety and quality control programs and procedures.
- Perform other tasks, projects, assignments as required by the position.
- BSEE, with interest in electrical power systems, from an accredited program.
- At least five years of practical, senior-level, on-the-job electrical engineering experience, performing electrical engineer duties including development of concept design, preparation of construction documents, and construction inspections is desired.
- Medium voltage, industrial experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC, HMI & SCADA programming system & components.
- Experience with CADD/BIM design, Electrical Lighting Calculation programs, and Excel.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, accurate and professional manner, both in written and verbal format, and to represent the organization in terms of project management, customer service and leadership.
- Ability to work in the US, a valid driver’s license, and the ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check required.
- The successful candidate must have a strong interest in power system design and analysis, good verbal communication skills and strong writing skills.
- Successful completion of FE or PE exam strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel to jobsites, as needed.
Physical Demands - Jobsite
Most of the work is performed in a normal office setting, requiring the employee to sit for long periods of time, frequently talk and/or hear both in person and over the phone, and to use hands to handle tools and for fine motor coordination such as computer work. Some of the duties require the employee to, drive to and from the jobsite. A portion of the employee’s tasks requires extensive walking around the jobsite, occasionally navigating uneven surfaces. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment - Jobsite
While the majority of time is spent in an office setting, the employee is sometimes required to inspect the project and may be exposed to normal hazards associated with construction and various weather conditions. The office environment is low-risk but the jobsite visits involves moderate risks, which requires safety precautions. The noise level in the filed may range from quiet to loud and the proper use of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required on most, if not all, jobsites.
The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all inclusive; additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
EEO/AA Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Qualified Individuals with Disabilities