Job Title: Field Supervisor
Controls crew costs, including effective use of people power, work methods, operation of equipment, etc.
Are you a real go-getter looking for an amazing opportunity with a nationwide full-service-utility contractor offering competitive wages and incredible benefits? Keep reading because this job might be for you!
Since 1928, Asplundh has been dedicated to safe, efficient, and innovative line clearance services for the utility industry. Reliable, uninterrupted power is an important service provided by the world's electrical utilities and Asplundh has the expertise to help keep the power flowing. Diversification over the years has opened up vegetation management services to other specialized markets such as municipalities, railroads, pipelines, helicopter vegetation services, and departments of transportation.
A family-owned and operated corporation headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Asplundh has grown to employ over 36,000 service professionals throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Company Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurance
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- The main role of the Field Supervisor is to manage a team of Crew Members to ensure the safety and quality of the Crew Members’ work.
- The position requires reporting, customer interaction, claims investigation, and any other management field activity that may arise.
- Embrace, communicate, and enforce Grid One Solutions Safety policies, procedures, and Core Values.
- Meet with the Crew Members daily to perform job/safety briefing and inform the Technicians of any changes or hazards in their work.
- Train, coach, and improve efficiencies of all Crew Members reporting to the supervisor.
- Solicit, select, process, and train new hires as needed.
- Respond to the needs of internal and external customers as needed.
- Respond and report any accident or incident in the field.
- Complete and submit JBOs and SMPs per company policy.
- Plan and oversee tailgate meetings.
- Conduct periodic vehicle inspections for safety compliance and damage assessment.
- Track and report daily; Safety, quality, productivity, attendance, and tardiness of field personnel, ensuring sign-in sheets are completed and filed.
- Assist with other project elements as directed by the Project Manager.
- Ability to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc.) Subject to call out work.
- Must be moderately computer experienced. (Word, Excel, Email, Etc.)
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in Supervision of Field Operations preferred.
- ISA Certification.
- Herbicide License.
- Upon hire, employees are required to complete and pass both a pre-employment drug screen and background and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Valid Driver's License required.
- RARE (less than 10%): squatting, depth-perception, color-vision, crawling, pushing, pulling, seeing distant, climbing ladders, balancing, gripping
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): stooping, kneeling, squatting, body-twisting, sense-of-touch, manual-dexterity, lifting up to 10 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs, lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., climbing stairs, carrying, lifting, range-of-motion, reaching
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): standing, walking, sitting
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): seeing, reading, hearing-speech-range, speaking clearly
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous time a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate & handle confrontations professionally.
As a full-service utility contractor, Asplundh performs tree pruning and removals, right-of-way clearing and maintenance, vegetation management with herbicides, and emergency storm work and logistical support. Asplundh is the parent company of Asplundh Infrastructure Group whose subsidiaries provide overhead and underground line construction, planning and design, meter reading and AMR/AMI installation, electrical testing, and street lighting/traffic signal services. Asplundh also operates Rotor Blade Airborne Utilities Management, overhead electric distribution, and transmission lines using MD 500 helicopters.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.