This position is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely financial records and reports related to those areas assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND RATING
- Prepare monthly financial statements – including general ledger review, monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and P&L account schedules – and provide a detailed review and variance analysis, while ensuring they are properly stated and all supporting schedules are valid.
- Completing the monthly and year-end financial close process for multiple companies
- In coordination with the Director of Property Management, prepare budgets, re-forecasts, and cash projections.
- Assist with treasury functions and debt compliance reporting.
- Perform monthly close.
- Complete and review monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare escalation billings.
- Analyze and review bad debt reserves with property teams, making adjustments as necessary.
- Analyze lease commissions, tenant allowances, and other capital items for proper classification and appropriateness.
- Attend and participate in monthly team meetings.
- Coordinate with outside accountants during annual audits.
- Interact with Property Management, Asset Managers, etc.
- Review of A/P coding and descriptions.
- Maintaining vendors and performing accounts payable functions
- Assist with bank loan draw preparation for tenant improvement costs. Prepare reimbursement billings to managed entities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
This position requires the incumbent to have a knowledge of accounting principles that is usually attained by completing accounting courses at the college or university level. Must be knowledgeable of accounts payable and accounts receivable principles and spreadsheets, and have demonstrated
knowledge of computer based accounting software. A degree in accounting or finance is preferred, but not required. A minimum of two years’ accounting experience is required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work is primarily performed while seated at a desk in an office environment. Uses a personal computer and requires excellent eye hand coordination and dexterity in using a calculator and computer keyboard. May lift or move accounting journals weighing up to five pounds. May bend, stoop, or lift during a workday.