At Bensonwood, we strive to uphold the core values of quality, work ethic, teamwork, inclusivity, humility, and continuous improvement in everything we do. As a design-build company located in Walpole, NH, we are seeking an experienced 3D Modeler | Virtual Fabricator to join our growing team.
The full-time Virtual Fabricator will be responsible for creating complete construction models, construction documents, and CNC Machine Files that our in-house shops and site crews use to prefabricate and install our high-performance building shell packages. The hourly role is based in our Walpole, NH facility with some travel to our Keene, New Hampshire facility and will report to our Director of Virtual Fabrication.
- Managing projects through the virtual fabrication processes while suggesting solutions to complex construction and fabrication issues
- Communicating with internal project teams
- Exporting shop drawings and machine files to production
- Facilitating resolution to various construction detailing
- Experience in construction and timber framing preferred and site experience helpful
- Experience in 3D CAD/CAM required (CADwork® preferred)
- Knowledge of machine data exporting helpful
- Knowledge of different Building Systems
- Experience or Education in Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Experience or Knowledge in Design preferred
- Associates Degree in Architectural Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
Additional Attributes of Success
- Positive, can-do team player with strong problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting with excellent interpersonal skills Strong verbal and written skills
- Computer literacy with the ability to work in all Microsoft and Google applications
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Ability and flexibility to take on other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation and exact title for this position will be based on skill level and experience. All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Bensonwood is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Dental insurance
- Voluntary Short-term Disability
- Profit Sharing
More about Bensonwood and our values:
Our commitment to quality craftsmanship and next-generation technology is reflected in our approach to creating homes and commercial structures that prioritize the health and wellbeing of people and the planet. We specialize in customizable standards-based architecture and offer fully custom design/build services for projects requiring the highest levels of energy efficiency and minimal on-site building time.
Teamwork and inclusivity are important aspects of our company culture. We believe that diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to achieving our goals, and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage women and minorities to apply.
At Bensonwood we recognize that a good work ethic is important, there is always room for improvement, and we are constantly seeking ways to do better. We prioritize continuous improvement by staying up-to-date with the latest industry standards and trends, and by always looking for ways to innovate and improve our processes.
We believe that everyone on our team plays an important role in achieving our goals, and that nobody is above a job that needs to be done. We approach our work with humility, recognizing that we are part of a larger community and that our actions have an impact.
Our commitment to sustainability is at the core of everything we do, and we take every opportunity to minimize waste and prioritize the use of bio-based non-toxic and low embodied energy materials. Whether it's a small task or a large project, we approach every job with the same level of dedication and attention to detail, because we know that each and every action we take has an impact on our community and our planet.