East and Westbrook is located in Buckner, KY(Outside of Louisville). Our local jobsites are a 75-mile radius from where we sit in Buckner). This particualr postion will be located in Carrollton, Kentucky
If you are looking for a career opportunity and not just your next job, continue reading. At East and Westbrook Construction, we professionally build complex structures and lasting relationships! If you have a desire to work with and for a company that cares, why not put your construction skills and experience to work for our family run construction company that’s been around since 1977? We are looking for Industrial Scaffold Builders for our Construction Company located in Buckner, KY. We know that “Lasting construction starts with a solid safety foundation.” This particualr site will be in Carrollton, KY and will be a full time opportunity for someone with the knowldge, skill and ability for building system scaffolds.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in Heavy Civil and/or Industrial Construction as well as three to five years of experience building system scaffolds. Adaptability is the name of the game as you will do many perform many different tasks when it comes to working with us. You must also be able to pass all required pre-employment screens including a background check with MVR (driving record) and eleven-panel drug screen. This project will require TWIC (Transportation Worker identification Credential).
Applicants must also be able to provide reliable daily transportation to and from work where hours are early morning through the afternoon, Monday through Thursday (Full time hours and a four day work week). However, due to the industrial nature of our clients and projects, candidates must be able to work when scheduled overtime, weekends, or off-shift hours.
East and Westbrook is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Here is what we are looking for and need:
- Despite every effort made by the Company the basic responsibility for employee health and safety rests with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all employees to conduct their work in a safe and healthful manner.
- Works in accordance with good safety practices as directed by federal, state and local laws, codes and standards, as well as any instructions pertaining to a specific operation/job.
- Accepts responsibility for their own safety and reports all unsafe conditions or acts to their immediate supervisor.
- Reports all accidents or injuries immediately upon occurrence to their supervisor. Reports for medical treatment as directed.
- Refrains from any unsafe acts that may endanger themselves or others.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or unsafe personal acts to their supervisor immediately.
- Participates in an accident investigation as requested.
- Wears appropriate attire and footwear for the work environment to be encountered.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment as required and maintains it in a serviceable condition.
- Assists with loading and unloading of necessary materials on the job site.
- Erects scaffold in accordance with site rules and regulations.
- Ability to use the proper tools needed for scaffold erection and disassembly.
- Works to ensure worksites are kept clean and organized when necessary including trash (lumber and miscellaneous materials).
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- 3 plus years of industry experience.
- Reads and understands technical information.
- Good communication.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and customer focused.