Working at Bensonwood
At Bensonwood, we believe in creating better buildings for a healthier planet. Our dedicated employees work on projects of every size, collaborating with homeowners and building professionals. With more than four decades of award-winning residential and commercial projects throughout the US as evidence, our company’s dynamic, team-oriented culture values environmental responsibility and improving design and construction standards. Bensonwood is seeking a Purchasing Associate/Buyer to join the team.
The Purchasing Associate/Buyer will be responsible for the systematic execution of procedures for timely and cost-effective purchasing of equipment and raw materials required for all projects regarding company, ethical, and legal policies and requirements. Purchasing of materials and services will be dictated by both shop and site schedules. This full-time position will report to the Procurement Team Leader and be located in our Keene, New Hampshire facility.
- Purchase inventory of raw materials and supplies
- Maintain electronic procurement records of all items purchased
- Ensure timely delivery of materials
- Negotiate price, quality, and delivery options with suppliers on an ongoing basis
- Monitor routine min/max inventory schedules
- Stock shelves as needed
- Catalog and replace broken/retired tools as needed
- Experience in the procurement of wood products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and data-based Accounting software such as
- Sage Master Builder and Filemaker
- CAD experience a plus
- Computer literacy with the ability to work in all Microsoft and Google applications
Additional Attributes of Success
- Positive, can-do team player with strong problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work both independently and collaboratively within a team setting
- Follow and practice LEAN principles for purchasing
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Ability and flexibility to take on other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation and exact title for this position will be based on skill level and experience. All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Bensonwood is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Dental insurance
- Voluntary Short-term Disability
- Profit Sharing
More about Bensonwood and our values:
Our commitment to quality craftsmanship and next-generation technology is reflected in our approach to creating homes and commercial structures that prioritize the health and wellbeing of people and the planet. We specialize in customizable standards-based architecture and offer fully custom design/build services for projects requiring the highest levels of energy efficiency and minimal on-site building time.
Teamwork and inclusivity are important aspects of our company culture. We believe that diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to achieving our goals, and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage women and minorities to apply.
At Bensonwood we recognize that a good work ethic is important, there is always room for improvement, and we are constantly seeking ways to do better. We prioritize continuous improvement by staying up-to-date with the latest industry standards and trends, and by always looking for ways to innovate and improve our processes.
We believe that everyone on our team plays an important role in achieving our goals, and that nobody is above a job that needs to be done. We approach our work with humility, recognizing that we are part of a larger community and that our actions have an impact.
Our commitment to sustainability is at the core of everything we do, and we take every opportunity to minimize waste and prioritize the use of bio-based non-toxic and low embodied energy materials. Whether it's a small task or a large project, we approach every job with the same level of dedication and attention to detail, because we know that each and every action we take