At SSRS, the work we do has an impact. We give people the chance to be heard by conducting quantitative and qualitative research on a variety of topics including current events, health care, customer satisfaction, politics, media usage, sports, and more.
Our team of critical thinkers has genuine enthusiasm for our work and a shared goal to connect people through research. We get excited about the inherent problem solving involved in survey-based research, and our process fosters transparency through collaboration.
Our team is looking for a Research Director (RD) with approximately 5-8 years’ experience, to be responsible for implementation and oversight of projects of increasing complexity from study initiation through delivery of data and reporting. The RD estimates projects and writes proposals, either independently or with the Account Executive. The RD manages, maintains, and grows existing clients and oversees all work involved in successful project execution.
The candidate should have a sense of humor, organizational skills, and a love of all things research would be great, too. The role will be hybrid, working from our headquarters in Glen Mills on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Collaborate with AE/VP in growing client’s business
- Train and mentor Project Directors
- Take ownership of projects under their direction
- Understand and execute overall project goals and objectives
- Prepare RFQs and proposals for clients
- Manage client relationship/ongoing communications
- Participate in study design
- Run pre/post study meetings and internal project team meetings
- Design questionnaires
- Review final questionnaires/CATI programs to make sure client goals are being met
- Optimize sample allocation to meet project goals/response rate commitments
- Oversee project pre-test and finalize pre-test memos
- Review csum specs/spec sheets/SPSS, tab and banner plans
- Review internal/client project updates and determine course of action, if needed
- Check complex SPSS files and review complex tabs
- Weight data/review weighting procedures
- Finalize methodology reports
- Provide high-end analytic report review
- Review final client deliverables
- Monitor costs against budget
- Assist in preparation of papers for presentations/white papers to be used for promotional purposes and marketing
- Other duties as the needs of the business dictate
- Masters degree in marketing, social science, business or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ability to problem solve/critical thinking
- Professional attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft products, particularly Excel
- Proficiency with SSPS
- Ability to lead and direct cross functional project teams
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects while preserving attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for long hours.