"At Construction Engineers, we don't just believe in doing something constructive; it's ingrained in our DNA. Every day, our team undertakes complex projects, fosters innovation, and embraces emerging technologies to make a real difference. Building project in North Dakota and Western Minnesota since 1978, we are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and community impact.
With a reputation for excellence and being voted one of the region's Best Places to Work for seven consecutive years, we are looking for a Field Project Manager-Site Superintendent who can oversee all aspects of on-site management for large commercial projects from start to finish. You will be responsible for ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget, and with the highest quality standards.
If you are a self-motivated, experienced, and detail-oriented professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want you to join our team!
- Plan, organize, schedule, and monitor all work activities on the jobsite.
- Coordinate with trade supervisors, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure project milestones are met.
- Perform day-to-day activities such as scheduling, subcontractor coordination, safety implementation & documentation, quality control oversight, cost controls, resource coordination, and material procurement.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with clients and design teams.
- Report to Project Manager.
- Maintain a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment and a positive safety culture.
- Ensure overall quality by monitoring the practices and procedures of all field operations
- Review all drawings, specifications, subcontracts, shop drawings, and submittals.
- Prepare the “Preparatory Planning Worksheet” for each phase of work with the PM.
- Hold preparatory meetings with subcontractors and trade supervisors to review all aspects of their work activities prior to starting on-site.
- Identify and resolve problems that may affect overall project delivery (budget, safety, quality, schedule, etc)
- Two or four year degree preferred with 5 years construction experience --or-- 7 years of commercial construction experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Superior problem-solving abilities.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong leadership and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize, take ownership of tasks, and exhibit a high level of initiative and follow-through.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Primavera SureTrak is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Benefits of joining our team
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance to ensure your well-being and peace of mind.
- 401K Plan to help you save for the future.
- Training and Professional Development opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
- Enjoy a Good Working Environment that fosters teamwork, collaboration, and mutual support.
- Events throughout the year to connect, have fun, and appreciate each other.