Within SSRS is The Sports Group. The Sports Group is a small team within SSRS focused on research, analysis, and strategic consulting for our sports and entertainment clients. We created the first syndicated research on sports fans in 1994 (the ESPN Sports Poll) and work with the largest leagues, media companies, teams, and sponsors to help them understand and build their fan bases for the future.
The Sports Team’s work involves collecting research, analyzing trends, and sharing intelligence to help our partners grow their businesses. Team members need to be strong problem solvers and storytellers to communicate solutions to clients. They are also encouraged to develop new lines of intelligence on their own. Every day offers something new, so flexibility and creativity are critical parts of the job.
The SSRS Sports Team is currently seeking a Senior Project Director (SPD), a position that is responsible for implementation of projects from study initiation through delivery of final data to the client, providing critical day-to-day management of studies and analytical support. The SPD plays a key role in our work and assists with the analysis and reporting of data from our sports studies, creation of deliverables, and responding to client inquiries. We’re looking for someone with 3-5+ years of relevant experience, or advanced education. A sense of humor, organizational skills, and a love of all things data would be great, too.
Ideal candidates are based in our Glen Mills, PA office but remote work is a possibility for the right candidate.
- Take ownership of projects and deliverables.
- Responsible for quality control of projects, including checking survey programs, mailing materials, coding, crosstabs, SPSS files, and all other client deliverables including reporting.
- Communicate with internal operational teams.
- Maintain project-specific schedules and monitor timelines.
- Document project processes and procedures.
- Review and format questionnaires.
- Produce fieldwork and progress reports and draft basic analysis of trends and outliers.
- Prepare data reports in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. These reports will provide intelligence and convey stories based on research collected.
- Collaborate with the Research Director or Account Executive on client communications.
- Provide research support for a wide variety of studies using different survey modalities.
- Conduct background research.
- Assist with the development of new client deliverables that make our data more accessible and help grow our business.
- Other duties as the needs of the business dictate.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in market research, business, data or analytics, statistics, sport management, psychology, sociology, anthropology, mathematics, economics or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience, or advanced education.