Casey-Fogli, a wholly owned subsidiary of Harbor Linx Inc. has been installing quality concrete throughout the entire Bay Area since 1906. We have extensive experience in all levels of structural concrete work, foundation work, and site concrete work. Experience, teamwork, and a passion for innovative construction methodologies has well-positioned Casey Fogli for the future. As we continue to evolve, we are committed to further advancing all projects' sustainability and efficiency.
Smooths and finishes poured concrete such as floors, walk-ways, sidewalks, curbs or gutters.
- Spread, level and smooth concrete using a rake, shovel, hand power trowel, hand or power screed and float.
- Monitor how wind, heat or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Produce rough concrete surfaces using a broom.
- Mold expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers, and straight edges.
- Clean chipped areas using a wire brush, feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or even.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring of concrete and move chute to direct concrete into forms.
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete and waterproof or restore surface.
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
- Chip, scrape or grind high spots, ridges and rough projections to finish concrete using pneumatic chisels, power grinders and hand tools.
- Cut metal division strips and press them in to terrazzo base so that top edges form desired design pattern.
- Wet concrete surfaces, rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specific finish.
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth using a trowel.
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern stamp the surface to provide decorative finish.
- Push roller over surface to embed chips in surface.
- Polish surface using a surfacing machine.
- Apply muriatic acid to clean surface and rinse with water.
- Sprinkle colored marble or stone chips, powdered steel or coloring powder over surface to produce prescribed finish.
- Mix cement, sand and water to produce concrete grout or slurry using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper or concrete mixing machine.
- Operate laser screed, laser level, mechanical finishers, concrete paving machines, concrete saws and slip form machines.
- Set screed pins, curb forms, edge forms and cutter forms.
Perform General Physical Activities: perform general physical activities that require considerable use of your arms, legs and moving whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials.
Handling and Moving Objects: using hands and arms in handling, installing positioning materials and manipulating things.
Controlling Machines and Processes: use either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
Monitor Progress, Materials or Surroundings: monitoring and reviewing information from materials events or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
Using and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment: adjust and test machines, devices, moving parts and equipment that operate primarily based on mechanical (not electrical principals). Determine when equipment and tools are not functioning properly and need replacement or repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Interpersonal: individual focuses on solving conflict, not blaming, listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
Teamwork: individual balances teamwork and individual responsibilities, exhibits openness to other views, contributes to building a positive team spirit and can build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Planning/Organizing: the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
Quality: the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for way to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity: the individual meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
Safety and Security: the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Dependability: the individual in consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and completes tasks on time or proposes an alternative plan to appropriate person.
Besides a competitive salary and the best retirement package in the industry we offer:
- Company Vehicle
- Family medical, dental and vision
- Company Stock (ESOP)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Financial Planning
We are confident that our retirement plan is the best in the industry.